Old September 19th 03, 05:10 AM
Zoran Brlecic

W8CRZ wrote:
I have a 3-500z tube and just want to make a conversation piece out of it. I
am going to make a wood base for it and I would also like to feed some
current into it just to make it glow.I was told it was possible but he
wasn't sure how or which pins to do it with.

Pins 1 and 5.

Also I know it is a 5 volt tube
and 14.5 amp.do I really need that much to make it glow?

Yes, you do.

Would 12 volt work?

For a very, very limited time, providing your 12V supply is capable of
dishing out 40A. If it's not, it would either clamp down to the maximum
current or trip the breaker.

If all you want to do is make it appear that it's glowing, build in a
few LEDs into the wood base. None will be the wiser.

73 .... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly