Old September 19th 03, 12:28 PM
David J. Windisch

Hi, all concerned:

Everybody wants to do it in software ;o)

Telescoping brass tubes from hobby sources, or telescoping aluminum tubes
from eg Texas Towers, can be used to build physical line-stretchers. Put
the movable parts in a trough say of copper or aluminum gutter for
unbalanced apps. Plan the device parts carefully, and near-50-ohm surge
impedance can be had by purists and others.

73, Dave, N3HE

"John Miles" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Do it the way you want to.

Harold,
I'm puzzled by your reply. Does it mean that you agree, or that you
disagree, or that you're just brushing me off? If it's the latter, I can
accept that too...I'm just looking for a sincere dialog about an idea.

Who knows what he meant by that, but the idea of using a "line
stretching" hack to resolve the phase ambiguity sounds like a great one

SNIP