Old March 8th 09, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
M0WYM[_2_] M0WYM[_2_] is offline

Default Velvet Verniers

COLIN LAMB wrote:
Hi Charlie:

I suspect that the VV dials with the GE knobs are from the BC-191/BC-375
tuning units. They were made by GE and used the particular VV drive you had
phtos of (ceramic spacers). They probably began production in the late
1930s.

73, Colin K7FM

Colin,

Thanks very much for the info, it certainly looks as if you are
correct judging from the pictures I have googled of the two radios.
I also have one of the locking knobs shown on the BC 375.

Charlie.

--
M0WYM
www.radiowymsey.org