Old March 8th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
M0WYM[_2_] M0WYM[_2_] is offline

Default Velvet Verniers

COLIN LAMB wrote:
There may have been another distinguishing feature of the GE VV units. It
is all a little vague, but I recall that the shafts for the knobs on the GE
units were slightly smaller than the standard 1/4" shafts.

73, Colin K7FM

Colin,

That's right, the shaft is 3/16 inch diameter - the 'output' are 1/4
inch, I assume in order to couple to standard variable capacitors.
But I think that may have been a standard feature of the VV as the
older ones I have also have a 3/16 inch shaft.

Charlie.

--
M0WYM
www.radiowymsey.org