Old March 10th 09, 06:47 PM
misterbird misterbird is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
misterbird wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if you can give me some advice on tracking down a used
Palstar R30, R30C, R30CC. I've been looking at universal radio online
and just missed one by a day. I'm guessing they are highly sought
after and I'll need some special tactics for this mission. I would
appreciate any leads! Cheers!

You might try the palstar yahoo group. was one for

sale there a few days ago.

Drifter...
Thanks for the tip. I'll get on it. I'm new to this whole world and thought that a Palstar might be something easy to start with. But I've been reading some reviews on it and people keep suggesting that it's good for AM and mediumwave but not so much for shortwave. All I'm looking for is a good solid worldband radio that will allow me to listen to remote stations. I won't be doing anything too serious. Is Palstar good for this? I appreciate any advice.