Old March 12th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Paper capacitor and Hallicrafters S-40A notes

While the high C value may not seem to be a problem I suspect it may
indicate some deformation of the capacitor elements or some other problem.

I suspect the the high C reading is not due to a real capacity increase, but
rather to the fact that the meter shows a C higher than real when the measured
capacitor is very lossy, i.e. it has a fairly low resistance in parallel.

73

Tony I0JX