Old March 13th 09, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Paper capacitor and Hallicrafters S-40A notes

Re my previous message, I have downloaded a GR bridge manual from BAMA. It
reports that:

- the bridge measures the series capacitance
- if D is low, the series capacitance almost coincides with the parallel
capacitance
- but if D is high, they differ significantly. A chart is provided to convert
series capacitance into parallel capacitance.

This confirms that, if D is high and if the loss is caused by a parallel
resistance (as it actually is), one must convert the measured capacitance value
using the chart.

73

Tony I0JX