Old March 14th 09, 02:56 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media
dave dave is offline

Default How to Silence Talk Radio

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Billy Burpelson" wrote in message
I'm not sure why you brought up religion here, but seeing as you did...

I thought Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses". Wouldn't
opiates -add- to "the happiness of the people"? Marx seems to be a little
inconsistent here. ;-)

I believe that his quote was referring to the negative aspect of opiate use:
the dumbing down of the people through their use.

???

Addictive, euphoric, lethargic, prone to dreams and visions, blah blah blah.