Old March 14th 09, 04:12 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media
B.O. Jr. B.O. Jr. is offline

Default How to Silence Talk Radio

Billy Burpelson wrote:

"Billy Burpelson" wrote in message
I'm not sure why you brought up religion here, but seeing as you did...

I thought Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses". Wouldn't
opiates -add- to "the happiness of the people"? Marx seems to be a little
inconsistent here. ;-)

Brenda Ann wrote:

I believe that his quote was referring to the negative aspect of opiate use:
the dumbing down of the people through their use.

You are correct -- but sorry you missed the sarcasm. Please note the
winking smiley face.

Plus it's still not clear why the OP even dropped in a religious comment
when the original topic was political/financial about O destroying 45%
of the world's wealth (in 7 short weeks).

It would clarify things if you knew what a tagline is.
-

A LIBERAL'S thought on RELIGION.

"The first requisite for the happiness of the people is
the abolition of religion."
-Karl Marx