Old March 15th 09, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default More trash talk from ibiquity This time from short timer HAl Kneller

wrote in message
B.S. from ibiquity short timer Hal Kneller - "These are the reasons
that broadcasters in the U.S. embraced it, and the reason that, over
time, more and more broadcasters around the world will see its
advantages. Our job today at iBiquity’s International Broadcast
Business Development department is to show the world that HD Radio
technology is not a U.S. standard, but rather, a global standard that
just happened to be developed in the U.S."

Hal Kneller - been with iBiquity since February 2008. This freakin
guy is a has-been - making stupid (and false) statements that
ibiquitys faltering system is embraced by broadcasters in the U.S.
That's just plain misleading and ibiquity knows it. What a dufus.
Gonna be fun to see how long he stays around.

I don't see anyone outside the Americas even giving IBOC any sort of
thought. After all, most of the world is on 9 KHz channel spacing, and many
countries are so small that interference from other countries is already a
big issue. I can just about imagine what the AM band would sound like around
here if China, Japan or Russia (let alone S. Korea) were to adopt IBOC noise
generation..