Old March 15th 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Paper capacitor and Hallicrafters S-40A notes

There is no DC resistance, that is, its open circuit
for DC but I think there is an AC resistance component in parallel with the
capacitance (have to look this up).

Well, in that case I believe that the calculations we did cannot be strictly
valid. Anyway, it is an interesting issue.

By the way I also have an HT-40 and found no need for changing capacitors, as
the leaky capacitors are placed where they make no harm (e.g. screen grid
bypass).

73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy