Old March 17th 09, 09:20 PM
Dr. T Dr. T is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave[_4_] View Post
Can anyone identify and date this GE console. I'm guessing late 20's or
early 30's. The id tag is half missing and of course it is the half with
the model number.

Thanks,

Dave
Dave: I rebuilt a GE for a customer that looked exactly like your photo. It was about 2 years back and my records do not show his model number. However, I did extensive chassis and cabinet work on it and my fuzzy mind tells me it was in Riders #3. I know this is surely not specific data I am giving you but the next time I am near his location I will check the model number and post it for you. Dr. T.

P.S. The most vulnerable part of that cabinet to damage is the feet assembly as you probably know. It has a rather high center of gravity and a heavy massive chassis.