Old March 17th 09, 09:36 PM
Dr. T Dr. T is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by _J D_ View Post
Sorry about the choppy photo its what I'm working with.
Selenium rectifiers increased their internal resistance with age and use. This was accompanied by commensurate voltage drop rendering less output voltage for use as B+. The suggestion of using a silicon diode replacement is a good one. I would recommend that you add a 22 ohm 1 watt resistor in series with the silicon diode AND place a .001 mfd 1KV capacitor in parallel with the new silicon diode. This addition will serve to reduce surges through the diode junction and to bypass transients around the diode. I have followed this practice for many years and found it to be beneficial. Good luck. Dr. T.

Last edited by Dr. T : March 17th 09 at 09:37 PM Reason: Identify self and wish good luck on project. (courtesy)