Old March 17th 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default colinear representation in NEC

"Tom Donaly" wrote in
:

Why would NEC reduce a TL two-port to a lumped load? Two-port
parameters can handle transmission line problems quite well without
the simplifying assumption that all components are of zero length.

Hi Tom,

I expect that NEC does model the propagation delay from end to end on a
transmission line. My comment was that NEC reduces a s/c TL stub to a
lumped load for the stub input end which is inserted in the vertical.

The problem here perhaps is our viewing the phasing section as a s/c stub
of two wire line, when perhaps is it better described as a single wire TL
of a half wave length.

With that thought in mind, I have constructed a model where the phasing
section is configured in a double triangular shape, but with the same
conductor length, and NEC suggests in-phase currents. In fact, it has
slightly better pattern symmetry than a).

CM
CE
GW 1 15 0 0 0 0 0 5 0.0005
GW 5 30 0 0 5.1 0 0 15 0.0005