Old March 18th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gary Smith[_2_] Gary Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple yagis on one radio

Hi, i have an alinco dualband radio i want to set up as a link so i can
access repeaters from the mobile as i have to travel around 100kms to
get them in the car. Here is the scenario:

1. a 70cm verticle at the top of my tower
2. 3 or 4 2m yagi's also connected pointing towards the repeaters i want
to access.
3. all these feed into a dualband alinco.
4. tx\rx on 70 from car to tower verticle
5.crossbands to selected repeater set on alinco on 2 metres.
6. repeater transmits, alinco picks it up and retransmits on 70cm to my car.

I can change channels remotely on the alinco from my car dtmf mic. VERY
HANDY FEATURE. so i could be listening to repeater 1 and then punch in a
code then another and change the alinco at home on the tower to go to
repeater 2 etc.

It all works, but the one that is working just has a dualband verticle
attached as it can "see" all the repeaters in it's area. It's about
250km form here so totally different terrain etc and i can't access it
from here. i need yagi's because the repeaters i have access to are a
LONG way from me so i need the gain. I can currently get them with my
verticle but some are very flakey, dropping in and out all the time.

WILL THIS WORK?

IS IT POSSIBLE?

I know there would be much loss in connections etc. the rig would only
be putting out around 20w otherwise it will cook itself.

I'm guessing i would need a diplexer to combine the 2m and 70cm antennas
to the one ant socket on rig, and some power dividers for the 2m yagi's.

Get thinkin!!

Waiting for replies......

Thanks

Gary