Old July 22nd 03, 04:58 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
Huh? You haven't figured that SWR is bad for transmission lines?

An SWR between 4:1 and 16:1 is what allows me to use a 130 ft.
$20 dipole fed with 400 ohm window line on all HF bands without
needing an antenna tuner. What's wrong with live and let live?
I find your approach to antennas boring as heck but I am not
going to rag on you about it. Different strokes for different
folks. One has to have a transmission line anyway - might as
well let it perform the matching function.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Did I deny to let you live with your SWRed piece of wire? Be happy.

If my 7 el Razor, Quad Yagi log driven design is boring, and your piece of wire
is exciting, may the SWR be with you!

Gee, what a revolutionary concept, let your transmission line do the matching
for your doublet with open wire feeders. Yo everybody, tear down your coax fed
beams, arrays, towers, just put up doublet and work the WAS in no time. Can you
picture all those stupid contesters, serious DXers with decent antennas wasting
their efforts to eliminate SWR from their feedlines? Yep, I can picture trying
to use coax feedlines for matching kilowats to non-resonant antennas. Good for
melting the ice in the gutters.

Be happy with your doublet, I am looking for "boring" killer antennas that can
hear and work stuff that others can't. To me much more fun and challenge than
your SWR endeavors.

da (Quagi) Razor BUm