Old March 22nd 09, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Unca Pete Unca Pete is offline

Default B&W 5100, SX-101 combo

wrote in message
On Mar 22, 3:24 pm, "Unca Pete" wrote:
Any comments, just ended up owning these two
boatanchors...

Welcome to the double hernia club, Pete!! I got a 5100 in an estate
sale 7 or 8 years ago and decided since I couldn't lift it, I didn't
need it. I sold it without ever trying it out. It had the sideband
box bolted on the side and weighed a ton. --Ed

Hi Ed! From what I'm reading on the net, the 5100 is a keeper.
That SSB adapter is rare, rare... Wish one came with mine. But,
the Heath SB-10 could be made to work, I guess.

Don't have a lot of room, so some of the wood beasts have to!
Not too sure on the SX-101, have you played with one? Not
overly fond of the Hallicrafters RX line on this end...

Pete