Old March 30th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Andy[_5_] Andy[_5_] is offline

Default solarcon I-max 2000

Thanks all, for your input. I'll stick it up on the mast this weekend and
try it without any ground plain legs to start with. It will look a lot
tidier without legs on and I won't have the problem of having to put up a
longer stub mast to accommodate the ground plain legs.

73

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message
.. .

"Harry H" wrote in message
Andy,

I "Googled" the antenna and this is what I found:

Solarcon I-max 2000
This antenna tunes from 20 upto 10 Metre, making it perfect for HF
operation

a.. Solarcon 5/8 Wave
a.. Base Station Antenna
a.. End Fed 5/8 wavelength radiator
a.. Extended I-Max (current Maximum) Center Section
a.. Radials are Not Required!
a.. Wide Bandwidth
a.. High Power 5000 Watts.
a.. Outstanding Gain
a.. 24 Feet Long
a.. Wind Rating - 100 MPH

73
HH

"Andy" wrote in message
Hi all

I have a Solarcon I-max 2000 for 10 metes.

My question is about the ground plain legs. Would it work any different
if the ground plain legs were horizontal rather than on a downward
angle?

The bracket that came with it is rusted badly and it would be easer for
me to mount them horizontal on a new home made bracket.

Thanks

The Solarcon antenna derives no benefit from using radials. Spare yourself
the drudgery and effort. Some folks were feeding upon the ignorance of CB
users and were trying to create mystical/magical options they could sell
for more profit. The basic antenna is surprisingly the good. The rest of
the junk is unnecessary.

Ed, N2ECW