Old March 30th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default solarcon I-max 2000

Andy wrote:
Thanks all, for your input. I'll stick it up on the mast this weekend and
try it without any ground plain legs to start with. It will look a lot
tidier without legs on and I won't have the problem of having to put up a
longer stub mast to accommodate the ground plain legs.

Where are the radials on this antenna? The pix I've seen don't show any,
so it looks as if someone was tricking the antenna out. Probably to no
avail.

As likely as not, the thing was designed without radials, so it doesn't
need them. I'd put it up without them, measure the SWR, and if it checks
okay, you're good to go. The antenna will operate as well as it will
operate.