Old April 2nd 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Spectrum Scopes

Dale Parfitt wrote:
"Bob D." wrote in message
My current HF rig is a Kenwood TS-570S. I'm very satisfied with it, but I
have an itch for a spectrum scope. I would like to hear comments from
users
of spectrum scopes, and recommendations for rigs with spectum scopes. I
don't need the ultimate power-user DX rig, but I am willing to pay a
premium
for the scope feature.

Bob ND9B

Hi Bob,
The newer 7800, 7700 and 7600 have variable sweep rates and much better RBW-
100Hz on the 7600 I recall.

The best solution is to buy the SDR-IQ and the IF-2000 board and tap off
before the PRO NB

The band scope is a pretty cool addition within it's limitations. It
certainly isn't a spectrum analyzer, but then that isn't what it is
designed for. They are handy for seeing activity mostly. The IC-756 III
is a really nice one. The top end rigs with scopes have some more
features, but what a price tag.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -