Old April 3rd 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default NEC model of an 80/40 dipole using bootstrap coax traps

Owen Duffy wrote in
:

proximity effects and braid effects. I have initially tried loading
those segments with conductivity of one tenth of copper... but I don't
expect that will make the RF resistance tenfold.

I wasn't very clear there... I loaded the segments with one ninth of
copper, and that was additional to the overall loading equal to copper, so
the effect should be resistance of ten times copper for the coil segments.

Owen