Old April 6th 09, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default Hallicrafter's Tour on Film

"JB" wrote in message
I found a tour of the Hallicrafter's plant on line.
This is a WW-2 propaganda film, dated 1944 and titled
"Voice
of Victory". In two parts at http://www.archive.org
It has considerable detail on the construction of
the
BC-610 and shows some other products in somewhat less
detail.
--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles

My bet is they didn't need always need a heater in the
back of the SCR266.
Interesting to see all the dollies and come-alongs used in
production.

Also tons of other neat-o screen gems at that site. A
keeper.

I am not sure what venue the film was meant for.
Probably not theatrical release. I remember seeing lots of
this sort of stuff in grammer school but this doesn't quite
fit that either.
This site also has old radio programs on it and much
other stuff.
Look for _Command Performance_ for an illustration of
how records were made c.1940. This had method continues to
this very day for vinyl records. 45's OTOH, were made by
injection molding. A very well thought out record system but
RCA just did not get the point that people wanted continuous
records and didn't like record changers. The CBS Lp was a
makeshift. Too bad RCA was so hide-bound about a lot of
things.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL