Old April 6th 09, 11:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
k3hvg k3hvg is offline

Default Hallicrafter's Tour on Film

Richard Knoppow wrote:

I am not sure what venue the film was meant for.
Probably not theatrical release. I remember seeing lots of
this sort of stuff in grammer school but this doesn't quite
fit that either.

I have seen a version of this with a Signal Corps officer and his
introduction that described the ongoing cooperation between industry and
the military. I would tend to agree that this was not a film for
outside distribution as its a bit esoteric for the masses. I'll bet it
was a typical "film of interest" for the various Army signal schools.
When I was in high school, a young lady who's father worked for one of
the Government archive agencies loaned a car-load of 16mm WWII technical
training films to our school. I can vividly remember the movie on the
SCR-506 with it mounted in trucks and other vehicles. That's the one
that made the cover of a 1945 QST. The '299 video is a keeper, for sure,
but wonder where all the other ones are now?

de K3HVG