Old April 6th 09, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Roger Basford Roger Basford is offline

Default Hallicrafter's Tour on Film

"K3HVG" wrote in message
.. .
Richard Knoppow wrote:

I am not sure what venue the film was meant for. Probably not
theatrical release. I remember seeing lots of this sort of stuff in
grammer school but this doesn't quite fit that either.

I have seen a version of this with a Signal Corps officer and his
introduction that described the ongoing cooperation between industry and
the military. I would tend to agree that this was not a film for outside
distribution as its a bit esoteric for the masses. I'll bet it was a
typical "film of interest" for the various Army signal schools. When I was
in high school, a young lady who's father worked for one of the Government
archive agencies loaned a car-load of 16mm WWII technical training films
to our school. I can vividly remember the movie on the SCR-506 with it
mounted in trucks and other vehicles. That's the one that made the cover
of a 1945 QST. The '299 video is a keeper, for sure, but wonder where all
the other ones are now?

de K3HVG

The SCR-694 (BC-1306) training video is available in three parts, on Youtube
I think. I also found "Pro Patria Vigilans" on Real Military Flix

http://www.realmilitaryflix.com/public/main.cfm

They also have the Joan_Eleanor training film as well.

I found the VOV film about the BC-610 very useful for stripping down my TX,
helps to know how it all bolts together!

73

Roger.G3VKM