Old April 8th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Hallicrafter's Tour on Film

AFAIK they were never used in combat in a place that had 117 volt AC

power.

I know that Europe had 220 or 240 volt power, what did the pacific areas

have?

Geoff.

AFAIK they only used the generator as it was designed as a field station.
There probably was no other power where they were usually operated. Just
never meant to rely on shore power. I had heard that it was thought the
electrocution hazard was too great to use 220. I used to have a 1kw AM/RTTY
transmitter made for a later unit that ran on 117 also. Lotsa AMPS. The
10kw generator had a 4 cyl Jeep engine.