Old April 8th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
[email protected] google@hamsphere.com is offline

Default Low sunspot activity boosts digital communications

Hello fellow Hams.

One of the reasons I developed HamSphere - the virtual Ionosphere, was
the lack of sun spot activity. And I expected the system to hold for
say a few years, and then gradually see a declining amount of users as
the real
shortwave ham radio bands woke up again.

But I picked up a QSO on HamSphere the other day regarding sun spots.
And I couldn't beleive my ears. They said that the sun spots might
even disappear??? The sun's activity seems to be the lowest in many
decades.
I haven't been on shortwave lately, but is it really that bad
propagation people say?

Best regards
Kelly Linderman
SM7NHC