Old April 9th 09, 11:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J. B. Wood J. B. Wood is offline

Default Cassegrain Antenna Development

In article , Emanuele
Colucci wrote:

Hi there,
this is my first post here, hope not being off topic
I was asking myself if there were resources over the net that cover the
development of a cassegrain antenna [from the design up to the building]
in a homebrew fashion.

Thank you for paying attention towards this mail

Bye bye

Emanuele Colucci

PS. I already posted this message to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew, but a
user suggested to me to post it here too.

Hello, and while I can't point you to any specific sources I would ask why
you feel you need to use a Cassegranian feed. This complicates the design
in that you need both a parabolic main dish and a hyperbolic reflector.
Have you worked out the antenna's frequency band and required radiation
pattern/gain? Would a non-Cassegrainian feed (e.g. placing the main
radiating/receiving element on a support at the focal point of the
reflector) be viable? Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail:

Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337