Old April 11th 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Dish reflector

On Apr 10, 7:19*pm, Richard Clark wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:49:31 -0700 (PDT), Art Unwin

wrote:
1. What frequency
2. What is the dish diameter
3. What is the dish focal length to diameter ratio (F/D)

I am not avoiding questions, just those that appear irrelevant,

20 postings to get to the point (not unanticipated, however) which Art
calls "irrelevant."

As for those answers?

1 160 metres upto 2 metres, tunable
2 2 metres

Hence the wholesale disregard for first principles in size vs.
wavelength. *Elementary analysis need not go any further when failure
is so obviously designed in. *

3 Doesn't have a focal length, it is an end fed ( series connection)
helix antenna.

-Well, maybe not obvious to everyone.-

But why don't we chalk this design up to S U C C E S S and call it a
thread? *If this bier gets anymore wreaths tossed onto it, it will
kill the pallbearers.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

The posting is about dishes not antennas. I have not read about a dish
that does not emit signals to the rear. Now I have built one and find
to my surprize that it does accept signals from the rear ! All very
simple, the radiator is resting at the bottom of a cone and the top of
the radiator does not stick out beyond the reflector. Since you do not
know what you are talking about and intent is to disrupt this thread
why on earth are you muttering about nothing at length? Simple
question has been posed and obviously you do not know the answers that
antenna engineering knowledge would provide as you are not an engineer
but a actor or actress by day and by night. My question remains
unanswered after all these posts.How do signals arrive or depart from
the rear of a dish or horn? We all know that you don't know the answer
but there are qualified engineers in this group who possibly doand
willing to share.