Old April 11th 09, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Ring[_2_] Tom Ring[_2_] is offline

Default Dish reflector

Art Unwin wrote:

The posting is about dishes not antennas. I have not read about a dish
that does not emit signals to the rear. Now I have built one and find
to my surprize that it does accept signals from the rear ! All very
simple, the radiator is resting at the bottom of a cone and the top of
the radiator does not stick out beyond the reflector. Since you do not

Well, to start with Art, a cone reflector doesn't meet the definition of
a dish antenna.

I'm sorry, but they just aren't the same thing.

I surprizzzed you missed the difference.

tom
K0TAR