Old April 11th 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bushcraftgregg Bushcraftgregg is offline

Default Visiting EMP Again

On Apr 9, 10:23*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
"Bushcraftgregg" wrote in message

LOL...that was funny Frank. I think I would rather do without electric
than being barbecued. I remember growing up I always thought (like
many kids I would guess) that a nuclear bomb being dropped and that
would be all she wrote.

That is far from the truth, now if you lived at grown zero or 20-30
miles it could make for a good movie. My hope would be that there
would be enough of a warning that even if one was headed to my town
that I'd have enough of a jump on it to get the heck out of there.
Hope it never happens in my lifetime, but I feel I am as prepared as
one could be.

The trip time for an ICBM from Europe/middle east to the US is between 15
and 30 minutes. *I doubt the government would bother to warn the public
about it since all it would do is cause panic and likely end up costing more
lives than just letting it be. You wouldn't have time to leave a city of any
size, let alone get out of the blast zone of an air burst nuke.

About all there would be to do is pray.

That's what I've often wondered Brenda Ann, is if they would even let
the people know. Out where I live, if the bomb was coming from the
east, I along with not many that live here in the village, would make
a bee line out to the state route that is a longgggg and I mean long
stretch of road (over a hundred+ miles). No curves, no hills, nothing.
In that scenario I would imagine anyone "in the knows" of what was
going to happen would be driving just about as fast as they could.

I know I could definitely cruise to at least a mile and a half per
minute, which if I had thirty minutes would give me and others quite a
good chance, real good chance.....and that is if the bomb literally
landed right smack on top of my village. If the bomb literally landed
on Cincinnati I feel I would be safe because Cincy is roughly 30-35
miles of me, a little drive down the road should keep me out of
danger.I just hope it never happens. ;-)