Old April 12th 09, 09:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default American interpretation

Well, I've never been able to understand "The Bible"
so it must not be Modern English. :-) I've heard
that particular English called the "King's English".
Is that an accurate description?

No!

King's (Queen's) English is used to describe 'correct' English, as opposed
to slang or poor grammar etc..

The English in the King James Bible is correctly described as Early Modern
(or Renaissance) English.

73
Jeff

I have re-translated "The Bible". It starts out:
"In the beginning, God created the Big Bang, which
caused time to stand relatively still because all
particles were moving at nearly the speed of light."

Off-topic question: Should we stone adulterers or
not? :-)
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com