Old April 12th 09, 07:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Roger Basford Roger Basford is offline

Default who knows more of the bc191x .

"peter kuut" wrote in message
news

hello friends.
my name is peter kuut, this is my first posting, i have many years an
bc191x.
the model is a 24 volts transmitter, with a switch 24-28 volts.
on the most transmitters there is the year of built, but not on mine
bc191x.
so i have some questions about mine.
when is my transmitter built
on the tranmitter i see english text, around the knobs, not france
text.
is it an american transmitter ( model375)
is my transmitter used at a plane ?
i hope to receive from people here some information about mine bc191x.

greetings from peter in holland.

--
peter kuut

Hi Peter,

The BC-191 was mostly used on ground radio installations but you are correct
that it is similar to the BC-375, which was used in heavy aircraft. I think
most BC-191 transmitters had a 12 volt power supply but as yours has a 24/28
volt supply then it could very likely have been used in an aircraft. It is
an American radio, any you have seen with French markings will have been
marked after building or marked as a special order for France. American
aircraft like the B-17 and C-47 that carried the BC-375 where used a lot by
the French Air Force after WW2.

There is a lot of information on the internet about the BC-191 and BC-375,
look at http://www.dse.nl/~vrzaob/wc52/radios.htm for instance for a site in
Holland. If you are not a member already, I suggest that you look at joining
the Surplus Radio Society in Holland, where you will find a lot of owners of
this radio, http://www.pi4srs.nl/

Good luck!

Roger Basford

Norfolk, England