Old April 14th 09, 06:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
No Name

Default dxAce, are your antennas by the lake?

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 05:05:49 UTC, elaich wrote:

wrote in news:H4nF2fc6WnjP-
pn2-QjTSFuBb0Nh3@localhost:

dxAce,
Just wondering how you get such great dx, saw your setup in an old
photo, are you close to Lake Michigan? I am on the ocean in South
Florida and run a long wire to a Hammarlund HQ-145XC and have yet to
snag any MW European DX. I know that you run high-end Drake
equipment, but any advice would be helpful.

You are too far south to get that kind of DX, Bet you get other kinds that
would scare the hell out of a Michigan dweller. Oooooohhh, that's scary
kids!

Why would I be too far south for European MW? I am less than one mile
from the Atlantic, and should get good signals, but too damn many 3-D
locals jamming the airwaves!

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"