Old April 14th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
No Name

Default dxAce, are your antennas by the lake?

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 05:38:01 UTC, dxAce

dxAce,
Just wondering how you get such great dx, saw your setup in an old
photo, are you close to Lake Michigan?

I'm about two and a half to three miles from Lake Michigan. I doubt that that
has much to do with my SW reception.

Just thought that you might be getting the "ocean" effect of signals
coming over huge bodies of water instead of land. John Plimmer said
that with my location, I should be getting some good DX, but there are
so damn many locals at night here in Florida, it is hard for foreign
stations to break through!

"What do you mean there's no movie?"