Old September 28th 03, 11:41 PM
Spurious Noise

Hi Gary -- this group is OK but rec.radio.amateur.equipment
might get a better response.

Since you specified Tech license, I assume without code, your privileges
will be in the VHF/UHF
range. http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/classes.html

New HT's and mobiles run $135 or so, used ones for as low as $30
For reviews see eHam reviews http://www.eham.net/reviews/

For used gear see swap pages http://ac6v.com/swap.htm

Good luck on the test.
--
73 From the Spurious Noise ';';;';x":.,";"'

-------------------------------
"abr" wrote in message ...
I am a newbie to the hobby, I arrived at this newsgroup from the "AM

window
web site,,, I will take my tech test in a few months, I need some advise

on
what to get for a transceiver and not spend a fortune. After 43 long

years
I have renewed my interest in the hobby and am looking forward to pursuing
it. Secondly, am I in the right place to ask this question or is there
another newsgroup that would be better for a newbie like me. Thanks for

all
your help,,, Gary