Old April 16th 09, 07:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Dish reflector

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:18:17 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:
With a roll-off of 3dB per octave (another
concept that is foreign to digital engineers, such is Cecil's legacy),
phase measurement errors begin to run away.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot your earlier postings.

Almost remembering is equally handicapped.

Only you are capable of measurements.

Hardly, more the point is noting those who are not capable and clearly
demonstrate their ineptitude. I've ushered you through more than a
few of these to then hear your excuses of age, infirmity, poor
reading, and so on. You have the unfortunate circumstance of having
inhabited a binary world where there are only two answers - both
resolvable only to one place in the absence of noise. Ours is an
analog world that copes with noise and error, and what counts in life
is how much error. I enumerated several sources, you respond to none
(a binary choice). You allude to my capability for measurement as I
have measured the error of such scopes as yours and fixed them. You
are simply hoping your scope is within its range of capability and we
have yet to hear any reports of readings that would either confirm or
deny your claim. Well, if you don't provide the data, no one can call
you on a failure, right? Another binary choice that struggles for
breath in an analog world.

Let's look at the -3dB roll-off point and I ask you, how many degrees
of slippage does it represent? 0 and 1 are not competent answers.

Everyone else in the world sucks.

A typical binary perspective and you are glad to force the choice. The
analog equivalent is some"one" else in the world sucks. It could be
parts-per-billion/million/thousand/hundred - but we can both agree
that rhetorically you've scored your point.

This from the person who asserts that
the reflections from non-reflective glass are brighter
than the surface of the sun.

From your data, from your math, and from your argument. You couldn't
account for the missing energy, so you swept it under the prayer rug
with a mystical chant and abridged readings from your Psalter. Choose
another topic for the same outcome, you've suffered many such
technical comparisons.