Old April 16th 09, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Calltrex Calltrex is offline

Default At resonant dipole with reactive characteristics.

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Calltrex wrote:

How can one couple this ?
A coaxcable with a dummyload: runningwaves everywhere and U and I are in phase.
Now the resonant dipole: the U peaks at the ends end I tops in the midle. So very reactive for the driver.

Nope, you are confused, at least about resonant standing
wave antennas like the 1/2WL dipole. Those peaks and nodes
of the voltage and current are *AMPLITUDES*. Amplitudes have
nothing to do with reactance. To detect the reactance, one
must look at the *PHASE*. You are not looking at the phase.

+ +
+
+
+
+
+
====================+============================ ½ dipole
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+ +
voltage

If what you say is true then why draws every antennabook the voltages like above?
We all know that an amplitude can not be negative in value! So all books are wrong?
And could you keep the answer at amateur levels pls?