Old September 29th 03, 08:48 AM
donutbandit

"abr" wrote in :

I am a newbie to the hobby, I arrived at this newsgroup from the "AM
window web site,,, I will take my tech test in a few months, I need
some advise on what to get for a transceiver and not spend a fortune.
After 43 long years I have renewed my interest in the hobby and am
looking forward to pursuing it. Secondly, am I in the right place to
ask this question or is there another newsgroup that would be better
for a newbie like me. Thanks for all your help,,, Gary

My question would be - why did you choose the homebrew group to ask this
question in?