Old April 16th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bruce W. Ellis Bruce W. Ellis is offline

Default American interpretation

Mike Coslo wrote:

Brian Oakley wrote:

Just what makes you think its supposed to be ok?

It wasn't exactly condemned now was it?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Uh, if you read closely, thats a narrative of what took place. Life
happens, good and bad. This is what the Bible is about, the good, the
bad, and the ugly. It has nothing to hide about people and they wrong
they do. If God doesnt jump in and throw down a thunderbolt or two, you
think that means He thinks its ok? Im sorry, but you really dont
understand much about God or the Bible by showing that kind of
thinking. Surely youre not that naive. I think youre just biased, which
is ok, but at least admit it.

We have a lot of things declared as abominations in the bible, we have a
lot of things on the OT that condemn people to death also. Considering
how some of these things are latched onto by those who would promote
themselves as the holy these days, I find it a little amusing. I also
see those folks more as Pharisees.

If you want to know my bias, read the Sermon on the Mount. Most of the
rest is dross.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Just what we need on the ham antenna newsgroup - a rambling thread on
the meaning of the bible.. Come on, there are better places for your
pseudophilosophical ramblings.

Maybe I can connect my dipoles on sky hooks?

W0BF