Old November 19th 03, 09:29 PM
Jon Gauthier

Default SW Receiver - ext. antenna impedance?

I have a Grundig YachtBoy SW/MW receiver that I'd like to connect to an
external long-wire antenna, but I'd like to have the antenna on the
roof, while I'd be listening in my office in the basement. I'd like to
make a couple of simple baluns to match it to 75 ohm coax. What's the
impedance that the receiver is expecting? It's just a phono plug
input... Grundig's web site is, ah, not very technical...

--
Jon Gauthier

Given the likely reaction to an increase in
terror-alert level to "severe threat imminent,"
wouldn't a more appropriate alert color be brown?
-Brad Simanek on www.ruminate.com