Old April 18th 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Service manual needed

"Tom Biasi" wrote in message

Hope you find something. The problem is, it's Lloyd's, and not a big
seller. All their radios came with their own "manual", which consisted of
a tiny schematic glued to the inside of the back cover.

Wasn't there some kind of rule in the sixty's that all imported radios had
to have a schematic?
The Japanese stuck a postage sized schematic on the unit, there usually
was no other documentation.

Tom

That's most likely true. There were a lot of import rules back then.
Lloyd's made some pretty good radios (and some pretty bad ones). In my
experience, their AM only radios with the TRF stage were right up there with
the Channel Master and Sony radios of the same type for reception, but they
weren't quite up to the latter's audio quality. I suspect this particular
radio probably wasn't too bad on the AM and SW bands, but I've yet to see
one of these types that was worth spit on the VHF bands.