Old April 18th 09, 09:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Calltrex Calltrex is offline

Default At resonant dipole with reactive characteristics.

"Cecil Moore" wrote the message

the antenna must be reactive ! From your explanation at 180
degrees, why doesn't
current at the right side flip over then ? Should be.

When all the voltages and currents are either in phase or
180 degrees out of phase, the resulting impedance is purely
resistive. There is *no reactance* in an ideal resonant dipole!
--
73, Cecil, IEEE.

I agree that the antenna is a chain of different pure resistances. But that
doesn't explain the asymmetric 'snapshot' here.
At the left side we see '+' voltage and '+' current and
at the right side we see '-' voltage and '+' current ! Why should it be asymmetric?
When i put a car battery with the plus on a lamp i will see a minus current ??