Old April 18th 09, 07:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Ibiquity IBOC - no hd radio upgrade needed!

In article 49e96250.715640@chupacabra,
Bob Dobbs wrote:

Telamon wrote:
Well, how about analog? I have some hiss in there all the time and often
times warbling rumble kind of noise.

There's some hiss in analog
but it goes away when the HD locks
I haven't heard any rumbling but I'm over a hundred miles away
down here on the border, and on the other side of the station from you
so it could be something up your way.
There are a few times when it seems I hear a transient echo but I think
that the audio version of temporary digital corruption (QSB related?)
like what would be seen as pixelation when it occurs on TV.

The data is supposed to have error correction. Maybe the errors are
exceeding the maximum rate. If the system is engineered correctly you
should not be able to hear problems due to errors but what is done right
in IBOC.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California