Old April 18th 09, 01:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Ibiquity IBOC - no hd radio upgrade needed!

Bob Dobbs wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:

wrote:
I love it - In my area several stations that were transmitting
ibiquity digital junk have turned it off but they continue to have
spots proclaiming ³now in crystal clear HD². Thus leading consumers
to believe that they are hearing their radio station in ³crystal clear
HD² * with no hd radio upgrade needed!

Talk about confusion! Good way to promote a product * let them think
they already have it! Struble you¹re a genius.

Oh yea * hd radio is exciting! No need to buy one (if they were even
available) because you already have one!
KFI, always Johnny-on-the-spot, just fired their IBOC up. Resulting in
an annoying wubba-wubba sound whenever one of their sidebands fades a
little (which is several times a minute).

For some reason they sound especially bad on the AR7030+ now.

They sound OK here, full HD, still takes a few moments to have the HD
icon light up and the ID to appear in place of the frequency. Once the
HD locks in it stays and the audio sounds better even during QSB.

I'm in Canyon Country. Telemon's in Ventura. Where be you?

I guess I could connect the 75' random wire to the BA Recepter HD and
see if it'll lock. I've only ever heard one MW HD station (710 from
North Hollywood). The Mexican under KFI seems to be absent lately.