Old September 30th 03, 01:12 PM
michael

Be careful, NiMH batteries are more difficult to charge than this. There
exists a charging algorithm for NiMH that is rather complex. You
basically charge it as you stated, but when the current draw
changes a certain way, you must detect it then charge at a different rate for a
predetermined time. There are some IC controllers aware of this
algorithm, so your homebrew charger may be best to employ one of these
IC's...otherwise I suppose you could roll your own with a PIC or BASIC
STAMP and the right monitoring hardware. WARNING: YOU CANNOT
TRICKLE-CHARGE NIMH CELLS!

Good Luck.
--
Michael

To combat spam, I've put my address into the following gif. Sorry
for any inconvenience. http://mswindustries.us/email.gif