Old April 19th 09, 05:30 PM
Sbarelman Sbarelman is offline
Junior Member

Default ICOM IC-R9000 DATA "0008ch ERROR or 0517ch Error ...ERROR ch Was CLEAR"

Hello to all
I checked and renewed some solders in CRT's PCB, cause I had the horizontal
axis that sometimes turn off...there were of the welding cold, I also replace
the memory battery and placing one socket with two wires in a way that can be
stay near the clock battery to be more accesible....BUT...after had reassembling
all The receiver does'n function....
The Logic Check says all Passed for all steps execpt the DATA steps return
"0008ch ERROR or 0517ch Error ...ERROR ch Was CLEAR"

I try to remove the memory battery and nothing change

The radio does a logic check on its own when turned on, and
everything passes except "DATA." It shows, "ERROR 0008 ch ERROR."
Beneath that it says, "ERROR CH was CLEAR." If I command a logic
check by holding down the "SPEECH" button while turning the power
on, the DATA line shows "Passed," and it goes to 2.000 mHz, which
it both displays and actually receives. As soon as I turn the
tuning knob, the display blanks and the receiver mutes.

Pressing any of the mode switches from the muted condition brings up
a display of 10.000 mHz, and it actually does receive at that
frequency also. Again, turning the tuning knob kills the frequency
display and mutes the receiver.

If I don't touch the tuning dial while it is on 2 or 10 mHz , I can
use the up - down knob to select 2 mHz on ch 000, 5 mHz on ch 001,
10 mHz on ch 002, 145 mHz on ch 003, 430 mHz on ch 004, 2 mHz on ch
0P1, and 26 mHz on ch 0P2. I presume those are some test
frequencies that reside in ROM. Turning the tuning knob at any of
these frequencies blanks the display and mutes the receiver.

When one of the before mentioned frequencies is displayed, pressing
either the "MHZ UP" or "MHZ DOWN" buttons locks in that frequency
until the power is turned off.

The CPU seems to be OK. Various other functions it controls work
correctly.

I have tried the logic reset procedure of holding down the "clear"
button while turning on the power, but that didn't help.

Any Help ?

Thanks a lot
Andrea