Old April 22nd 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David G. Nagel David G. Nagel is offline

Default 10 Meter Vertical

Roy Lewallen wrote:
R.Scott wrote:
I have a .61 wavelength 4 element beam that's only a dB or so better!
What the heck does this design look like?

tom
K0TAR

I have an A-4S thats only 8.4db gain. I guess I paid way too much and
should have bought
this WONDER antenna

I'm just putting the final touches on the conversion of my well-used
"Antenna Basics" talk from overheads to Power Point for an upcoming
convention in Boise this weekend. Among the promises I make at the
beginning are to show how to make a back yard dipole with over 4.4 dBd
gain, and a three-element beam with 3 S-Units gain. But after some
thought, I decided that the beam actually has 6 S-Units gain, and that's
what I'll guarantee. So a 9 dB vertical is child's play.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Roy;

When you are finished with the convention can you post the PP somewhere
on the net so we can download it. It sounds interesting.

Dave WD9BDZ