Old April 26th 09, 10:21 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics
[email protected] TianMeiguo@gmail.com is offline

Default The ObaMa0 attack on Talk Radio is Real -- Call to Action

On Apr 26, 3:05 pm, wrote:

A coalition is forming to fight for freedom of the airwaves and real
diversity of opinion. Find out how to get involved atwww.unfairair.org.
Do it now.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=31575

I have already noticed self-censorship by WGN's Dr. Milt Rosenberg
(Sociologist). A clear sign of a Liberal Fascism.

WGN's Dr. Milton J. Rosenberg interviews Brian Anderson about the
"Fairness" Doctrine
YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO THIS!
Listen Now! (mp3) http://caster.wgnradio.com/uncut/ros...cut-081028.mp3

Also, Milt talks with Rich Lindberg about Obama's radio interview with
WBEZ back in 2001.
(mp3) http://caster.wgnradio.com/uncut/ros...cut-081027.mp3

Obama campaign confronts WGN radio

DENVER -- Sen. Barack Obama's campaign organized its supporters
Wednesday night to confront Tribune-owned WGN-AM in Chicago for having
a critic of the Illinois Democrat on its air.

"WGN radio is giving right-wing hatchet man Stanley Kurtz a forum to
air his baseless, fear-mongering terrorist smears," Obama's campaign
wrote in an e-mail to supporters. "He's currently scheduled to spend a
solid two-hour block from 9:00 to 11:00 p.m. pushing lies,
distortions, and manipulations about Barack and University of Illinois
professor William Ayers."

Kurtz, a conservative writer, recently wrote an article for the
National Review that looked at Obama's ties to Ayers, a former 1960s
radical who later emerged as a school reform advocate in Chicago.

The magazine had been blocked in its initial attempts to obtain
records from the University of Illinois at Chicago regarding a school
reform initiative called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which Obama
chaired and Ayers co-founded.

Obama critics were quick to suggest that political clout could be
involved in seeking to protect Obama from embarrassment. The school
later reserved its position and made the records available Tuesday.

On Wednesday evening, Obama's campaign urged supporters to call the
radio station to complain.

"Tell WGN that by providing Kurtz with airtime, they are legitimizing
baseless attacks from a smear-merchant and lowering the standards of
political discourse," the note said.

"It is absolutely unacceptable that WGN would give a slimy character
assassin like Kurtz time for his divisive, destructive ranting on our
public airwaves," the note continued. "At the very least, they should
offer sane, honest rebuttal to every one of Kurtz's lies."

Zack Christenson, executive producer of "Extension 720 with Milt
Rosenburg," said the response was strong.

"I would say this is the biggest response we've ever got from a
campaign or a candidate," he said. "This is really unprecedented with
the show, the way that people are flooding the calls and our email
boxes."

Christenson said the Obama campaign was asked to have someone appear
on the show and declined the request.

"He got into the files just yesterday, so we wanted to have him on to
find out what he found. And, if at all possible, we wanted to get the
Obama campaign, to get their side of the story," Christenson said.
"That's why the uproar is kind of amazing, because we wanted the Obama
campaign's take as well."

The show's producer said the calls dropped off after the show's first
hour. He did not have a count of calls, but said it was "non-stop."

Obama's campaign has launched similar offensives against stations that
have run campaign ads that it did not like.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/po...nts_wgn_r.html

Listen to the complete unabridged broadcast of the above mentioned WGN
radio program:

Milt talks with Stanley Kurtz, a senior fellow at the Ethics and
Public Policy Center and a contributor to National Review, about what
he's found in the newly opened Annenberg Challenge archives at the UIC
Library.

Listen Now! (mp3) http://wgnradio.com/index.php?option...5&It emid=467

---------------------

Etched in the stone walls of the lobby of the Chicago Tribune Towers
which house the studios of WGN radio:

"The Liberty of opinion keeps governments themselves in due subjection
to their duties." - Lord Thomas Erskin

"Our Liberty depends on the freedom of the press and that can not be
limited without being lost." - Thomas Jefferson, President of the
United States

"A free press stands as one of the great interpreters between the
government and the people. To allow it to be fettered is to fetter
ourselves." - George Sutherland, Associate Justice of the United
States Supreme Court