Old April 29th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Default A DTV antenna

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 16:54:12 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

What I have
now is two bowties spaced about 7 inches apart on a wood dowel.
A peanut butter jar with rocks in it makes up the base.

Like this?
http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/DoubleBow.html

Sort of. At least that's the right configuration.
What I did was to go out and buy a pair of bowties
from Radio Shack. Then I got a dowel at Ace Hardware.
I clipped the bowties 7" apart (measured on center).
to the dowel. The bowties came with about 12" or so
of twin-lead attached. I ran these to a balun and
then through a short length of coax to the DTV converter.
I don't have a reflector, but one could be used to
improve directionality.