Old April 29th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default A DTV antenna

Gordon wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote in news:R0QIl.15486$pr6.5577
@flpi149.ffdc.sbc.com:

Gordon wrote:
Unfortunatly, I can't mount an outdoor antenna. I rent,
and the landlord won't allow it.

Isn't there a federal law allowing TV antennas?
Or did you sign a personal contract agreeing
not to install a TV antenna?

There may well be. But my landlord has shown an
active disregard for any such landlord/tennent laws
and there may also be neighborhood CC&R's.

Your landlord may show a disregard, but he can't actually do anything.
As in, he can't evict you (what would be the grounds? whatever is in
your lease/rental contract is superseded by federal law in this case)
(granted, he can try to evict you, and you'd potentially have to go to
court to fight it, but he can't get the sheriff out to remove you, and
if he does a "self-help" eviction, he's committing a felony: breaking
and entering, burglary, etc.)

CC&Rs are even more toothless here. There's a presumption that what you
want to do is legal, and the HOA would have to prove otherwise, and in
the mean time, you get to keep your antenna. Read the FCC page.

I did find plans on the internet for a huge dual
Hoverman design. A terrible overkill for my
purposes. But, I could lean such a thing against
a wall outside of where the TV is located.